Monday, June 30, 2008

Wotmikler Whipplertipple

Part One: The Story of Wotmikler Whiplertipple

Wotmikler Whiplertipple was a short little boy with hair that stood straight up. He was about as tall as a daisy, and wore his sisters’ dolls clothes. “Wotmikler Whiplertipple,” His mother called to him one day. “Come and eat your supper!”

Wotmikler Whiplertipple ran as fast as he could towards the house. He jumped over a squash in the garden. “Ha! I told Burrnick Bloaker I could jump a squash!” He continued jumping over various vegetables.

In front of him sat a frog (which he had never seen the likes of). “Hello,” the frog introduced himself. “My name is Fogbottler Fanusbee. Is your name Todlitted Tobsy? I understand you buy and sell bagpipes, as I am learning to play them well, myself.” Fogbottler Fanusbee talked on for five minutes, all about bagpipes.

“Umm… Well… No… My name isn’t Todlitted Tobsy. I’m Wotmikler Whiplertipple. I’m sorry to say, but Todlitted Tobsy was my neighbor, but died last week.” He finally got some words in. Fogbottler Fanusbee dropped his frog-jaw. “Then you mean, all of those bagpipes are gone? Impossible!” Fogbottler Fanusbee hopped up, and darted away.

“Strange,” Wotmikler Whiplertipple thought. “I never saw any customer of Todlitted Tobsy that looked like that…” “Wotmikler Whiplertipple! Come and get your supper!” His mother yelled. Wotmikler Whiplertipple ran into the house, and climbed up his stool, where he sat on a pile of books.

“What took you so long?” His father asked. “Well… Umm… I ran into a…Thing!” Wotmikler Whiplertipple answered. “You saw it?” his mother asked. “Saw what?” his sister, Gawlbawla Gorkintina, complained. “A green little man,” said Wotmikler Whiplertipple.

“He came up to me and asked where Todlitted Tobsy and his bagpipes were.” He replied. “Well,” said Gawlbawla Gorkintina “Did you tell him he’s ?” “Of course, I’ve told that to everyone who asks!” Wotmikler Whiplertipple’s father, Jumplopper Jocksinkler, asked, “When did this happen? It may have been a spy of the accursed Lutinlimp Lidlalipack!”

“Father,” Wotmikler Whiplertipple said, “I believe it was, he had the white bump on his left foot. It happened before supper, when mum called me in.” “Why Wotmikler Whiplertipple,” cried Dopindipla Dearnorta, Wotmikler Whiplertipple’s mother, “He could have robbed you…Or worse, carried you off!” She whimpered, and kissed his forehead.




To be continued…..

No comments: